Call for abstracts
Poster competition and oral presentation: call for abstracts
The International Society for Rapid Response Systems invites participation in the 14th Annual International Conference on Rapid Response Systems & Medical Emergency Teams.
Rapid response system, critical care outreach and medical emergency teams are invited to submit abstracts. Selected abstracts will be presented as posters, and the very best will be invited to deliver oral presentations as part of the Rapid Response conference. The judges are looking for creative, innovative and original work, with evidence of benefit to patients, staff or organisations.
Abstracts can be submitted to email@example.com, labelled ‘Rapid Response 2018 abstract’.
Language: Abstracts and presentations must be submitted in English.
Word limit: 400 words (does not include title, authors’ information, institutions, conflict of interest disclosure, or captions for tables and images)
File format: MS Word
Font type: Arial, 11pt, 1.5 line spacing
- Abstract title (block capitals)
- Author information (the name of the presenting author should be underlined)
- For each author:
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- For each author:
- Contact details for presenting author
- Mailing address:
- Abstract body with the following delineated sections:
- Objective: In one sentence, explain the specific aim of the project.
- Methods: Briefly describe the methods used throughout the project. List key steps carried out, tools used and timeframe.
- Results: Summarise the results from the project and include sufficient evidence to support the results and to identify what changes have emerged. The evidence must support the conclusions made.
- Conclusions: The conclusions should address some or all of the following questions:
- After the analysis of results, what is the opinion or judgement of the author(s)?
- Has the project achieved its objectives?
- What new knowledge was gained from the project and what change(s) happened as a result?
- What are the implications of the study?
- Abstract must contain sufficient information so that, if it is published in the conference proceedings, it will be a complete report independent of the presentation. The text should not contain statements alluding to results or conclusions not presented in the text; abstracts stating “will be discussed”, “will be described” or “will be presented”, will be rejected.
- Abstracts should be written in the past tense, i.e. should state what was done, not what is being, should or will be done.
- Use only standard abbreviations (“Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts submitted to Biomedical Journals” http://www.icmje.org). Non-standard abbreviations should be kept to a minimum and defined in parentheses in the text. In general, no more than two non-standard abbreviations should appear and these should only be used to replace words appearing four times or more in the text. Use SI units except for pressure; use cmH2O or mmHg with kPa units in brackets (optional).
- Abstracts containing graphs, diagrams, or complex tables will not be accepted. Simple tables are acceptable.
- References are not to be included.
- Responsibility for accuracy rests with the presenting author. Please proofread the abstract before submission.
- Notification of abstract receipt will occur via email within 1 week of abstract submission.
- Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection will be sent electronically to the presenting author’s email address. Reviews will begin in April and will be complete by 15 May 2018.
- Electronic notifications will be made by 15 May 2018.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the email address is correct.
- If you have not received your email notification by 15 May 2018, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts that are accepted for poster presentation will have until 10 June 2018 to prepare and submit a PDF of their poster
- Poster PDF should be sent to email@example.com
- The conference organisers will arrange all printing of posters and display at the event. Please note if you bring your poster on the day of the Congress, it will not be displayed.
- The PDF of your poster must follow four compulsory criteria:
- A1 in size
- Include the poster title
- Include your organisation logo and either a contact name, email or website
Call for abstracts opens: 13 December 2017
Abstract submission deadline: 20 April 2018
Notification of acceptance: 15 May 2018
Accepted abstracts PDF posters submission deadline: 10 June 2018
Abstract presenters will be required to register to attend the conference outside of their allotted abstract presentation session through the standard registration process. All travel and accommodation costs will be the responsibility of the presenter.
You, your colleagues and anyone else in your organisation are eligible for a reduced rate of £299 for the two-day Congress. This rate is only available up until the 1st June. To take advantage of this discount please contact Syed Ali on 020 7608 9072 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this price cannot be used retrospectively.
For conference registration queries, please contact Syed Ali on T: +44 (0)20 7608 9072 or E: email@example.com
For queries about the process of submitting abstracts please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org